Welcome to the official blog for the St. Olaf Choir 2009 international tour to the British Isles!

Friday, June 5, 2009

Just Touched Down In DUBLIN Town...

Hey everyone! We have officially arrived in the fabulous city of Dublin at the cozy Wynn's Hotel!!
Let me tell you, it is a blast here. The city is both scenic and exciting. After a night of strolling around the Temple Bar district and visiting Dublin's oldest pub, we woke this morning to a characteristically rainy and windy Irish day, only the second of our two weeks in the UK! Needless to say, we've been quite lucky.

Here's the entrance to our historic hotel which was originally established in 1845


The Liffey River, which runs through the middle of Dublin, is just a block away! Some of us took a stroll next to the river to visit The Brazen Head, Ireland's oldest pub and hear some traditional Irish music.

Here's The Brazen Head below. It had a beautiful outdoor courtyard as well as cozy seating inside!



Later tonight we are performing our final concert (sniff sniff) of this amazing tour at Christ's Church Cathedral. I'm so excited that I get to perform my last concert with the choir in this stunning venue. This has been an amazing experience so far, and I think I speak for everyone when I say that tonight will be bittersweet. I'll try to keep it together for Beautiful Savior, but I don't know...

Thanks again for reading the blog. I'll make a few final posts tonight and tomorrow with news about how tonight goes! Wish us luck for one last great concert!

No comments:

Post a Comment